Monday, November 9, 2009

World Series of Poker 2009 Main Event

     This year I played in the World Series of Poker Main Event. Placing between 968th -972nd out of 6494 players.Like many of the entrants, I won my $10000 seat playing a "satellite" tournament in a cardroom in my hometown.
     Even though I didn't place high enough to cash, it was a great experience. I'll do it again if I get the chance. I had a lot of fun and met many good (and bad) poker players.
     I was satisfied with my overall play. At the start of the 4th level on day 3, I had over 300000 chips (about double the average). Unfortunately, one player got lucky and caught 2-pair against my pocket Kings and my chip stack was greatly reduced. About an hour later, the player who had initially raised preflop called my all-in for about 95% of his chips. He had A-K off suite, I had Q-Q and he rivered an ace to knock me out. That's Poker!!!
     Not only was this my first time playing in this event, it was also my first time in Las Vegas. I didn't go to any shows or clubs because the purpose of the trip was to make money, so I spent most of my time in Poker rooms. Personally, I recommend the Mirage.
     More than any other year, I am looking forward to seeing this year's final table. It should be exciting. There is a lot of talent on this table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Channels

Google Friends

Infolinks